Créer des liens
«Créer des liens» Newsletter
- Créer-des-liens #22 (3/5/2017)
05 March 2017
L’écriture est le seul espace de liberté absolue ~ Nicolas Fargues
Welcome to the first Créer des liens for 2017! It’s my pleasure to kick this off again with the intention being to publish something every couple of weeks. If you have anything you’d like posted about or a resource you shared or indeed, anything at all to share with the community, please just let me know! You can email me here.
A reminder that the “early bird” discount expires at the end of the term. For $0.58 per week you will have access to the support and expertise of willing, experienced French teachers all over New Zealand. Through your Association Executive your opinions and demands are not lost, but passed on to the people who need to hear them. Why not take advantage of this opportunity to enhance (and facilitate) your teaching experience? To join, complete this form. Payment instructions are given once you click “submit”.
- If you bookmark one page on the NZAFT website make it the Kit de survie link. It has links and information to all the key sites relevant to learning and teaching French in Aotearoa and is a one stop shop for everything NCEA, NZQA, resources, assessments, TKI, past exam papers and more!
- Our Resources page page is literally PACKED with fantastic resources created and shared by our generous members. Not only do we strongly encourage you to use them but also, to submit anything you think may be of use to your French teaching colleagues. A huge thank you to all the contributors so far!
- Looking for ways to gather evidence for PTC 10 and PTC 3 as well as meeting the iCLT aspects of the NZC for Learning Languages? Why not look at the resource on our Levels 1 & 2 page for developing a Mihi in Mãori and in French including a Powerpoint and Worksheet by Debbie Watt at Cashmere High School.
- Sue Pommarède had shared a valuable and useful resource which takes beginning students through the basic level 1 and 2 vocabulary and structures in a well-organised 13-lesson plan. The lessons are themed around “The Aquarium” and she has also shared a PowerPoint where the alphabet is presented using marine life. I have put these on the Intermediate page as well as the Level 1&2 page for easy access to all. Thanks Sue for this quality resource
Other news ~ Check « Quoi de neuf? » on our Home Page
The Alliance Française French Film Festival is kicking off in just few days and what better way to get our students involved in this beautiful language we have so much passion for! Details are on the Quoi de neuf section of the website. You’ll find support materials for links to class work on the Alliance Française website’s Education Outreach section.
Encourage your students to apply for the student Language Immersion Award. It’s a wonderful opportunity for them. Here are some videos you could show your classes and the link for the application. Applications close 19th May 2017. Some information can be found here on YouTube as well as on the AFS website:
Thinking of doing some PD and short of support? Check out the NZALT offer and be sure to join as a member. They do amazing work to ensure we get the support, learning and PLD we need and so much more. They can’t support you if you don’t become a member!
For more details on these awards and membership, head over to their website.
À la prochaine!